Making a difference through education for economically challenged children and families
to build a positive future in our community.
Striving for excellence as a progressive child and family center while being the catalyst
for change that positively impacts our community at large.
Since 1971, Florence Fuller Child Development Centers (FFCDC) has provided children a pathway out of poverty, inspiring them to make local and global differences through the use of their education.
It all started with two women’s passion for education and their vision to give children living in poverty the same educational opportunities as their more affluent peers. In 1971, Dorothy Fleegler and Frances Cohen sought out assistance from James and Florence Fuller, and so began the legacy of what is now known as Florence Fuller Child Development Centers.
FFCDC has grown from 22 children to now serving more than 900 children a year across two campuses in east Boca Raton and the more rural west Boca Raton.
Our purpose is to make a positive difference in the lives of children from economically challenged families with the goal of preparing children for a lifetime commitment to learning while empowering their families to build a brighter future. Our objective is to improve a student’s academic performance to increase the rate of school promotions to the next grade level.
Florence Fuller Child Development Centers is dedicated to helping economically disadvantaged children realize their full potential, both socially and academically, by giving them the tools and skills they need to start school on par with their more affluent peers. We believe every child should have the chance to learn, grow, and experience success in school and life, regardless of their ability to pay.
Florence Fuller Child Development Centers, Inc. is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit.
Our Business Philosophy
Florence Fuller Child Development Centers:
- Strives to be a village that transforms and empowers children and their families by igniting their potential
- Focuses on developing and maintaining high quality programs and services that reflect our commitment to creating positive and permanent change in the lives of the families we serve
- Supports the needs of underprivileged, working families by offering access to quality early childhood education, afterschool, summer camp and family strengthening support services
- Develops and nurtures strong community partnerships to build networks needed to create a better South Florida
- Works as a team with compassion and a sincere commitment to our children and their families
- Strongly supports coworker education and career growth
- Fosters team spirit within the Fuller Centers family with positive reinforcement and highly values coworkers who have the initiative to do whatever it takes to ensure that our mission is fulfilled to our best ability
- Celebrates our centers’ successes as successes for the community we serve
- Promotes honesty, transparency and open communication
Our Core Values
Respect | Integrity | Consistency | Effectiveness | Accountability | Compassion |
| Solution-Focused | Resilience |