The main goal of the FFCDC volunteer program is to support the agency’s mission in making a difference through education for economically challenged children and families to build a positive future in our community. We rely on the community to assist in providing direct services to our children such as rocking infants, assisting in classrooms, reading to the children, teaching hobbies and introducing new activities, tutoring individual children struggling in school and providing homework help each afternoon. No matter how little time you can give, every second, every minute and every hour can change a life.
- Volunteers also help with facilities upkeep, gardening, fundraising, and administrative tasks.
- Volunteers are needed to aide our teachers in the preschool classrooms with games, songs, reading, art projects, playtime, lunch, and other activities between 8:00 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. and between 2:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m, Monday through Friday.
- After school volunteers are needed from 2:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Volunteers are needed to help with infant care.
- Volunteers are always needed to tutor individual children in our Afterschool Program and Summer Camp.
- Volunteers are needed to provide their knowledge in extracurricular activities to enhance our program and expand our children’s imaginations and recreational pursuits.
- Volunteers are needed to help at special events and fundraisers!
- Volunteers are needed to help with administrative duties including data entry, mass mailings, phone calls, copy projects, and light typing.
No matter what your skill, interests or time limits are, we are very grateful for all of our volunteers and we could not do what we do without you. Please contact Sheila Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org or 561-391-7274 ext. 120 for more information. If you are interested in volunteering on Saturdays, please ask us about opportunities at the Boca Raton Children’s Museum.